Indianapolis Gender Discrimination Attorneys
Has Your Gender Played a Factor in Mistreatment at Work?
Cleveland Lehner Cassidy helps clients take legal action against employers who discriminate against employees in any way, including gender. Treating employees unfairly, or harassing them, because of their gender is prohibited by law. If you’ve faced discrimination at work based on your gender, reach out to an attorney immediately for help.
Unfortunately, employees may encounter gender discrimination at any point in the relationship they have with a company. Such biases and mistreatment can manifest during job interviews, disciplinary actions, promotion process, lay-offs, day-to-day work, and speaking out against unfair or unlawful business practices.
At Cleveland Lehner Cassidy, we believe no employee should be treated unfairly or face retaliation for challenging such treatment. Our attorneys work tirelessly to represent our clients’ interests and hold employers accountable when their actions, practices, or policies contribute to creating a hostile work environment. Your legal matter may be likely to settle outside of court. If the opposition is unwilling to settle on favorable terms, however, our fearless litigators can help you get what you deserve in court.
What Does Gender Discrimination Look Like?
As with any form of discrimination, gender discrimination can appear both obvious and subtle. No matter the magnitude of abuse, some of the strongest cases plaintiffs bring against employers prove that discrimination was frequent or prevalent.
Examples of gender discrimination at work include:
- Being paid less than equally qualified coworkers of another gender
- Getting fewer or less important tasks
- Being called derogatory names or slurs
- Hearing hostile remarks or jokes about your gender
- Getting denied for a promotion, raise, or training because of your gender
- Encountering questions about pregnancy during job interviews
Additionally, there may be policies, practices, or traditions at a company that can broadly discriminate against gender. In cases like these – where discrimination is so widespread or soaked into a company’s culture – a plaintiff can bring legal action against the employer even if they were not an individual target.
Examples of broader gender discrimination include:
- Gender-exclusive company events
- Dress codes that unfairly and negatively impact one gender
- Unlawful restrictions on pregnancy leave or accommodations
- Any company rules that single out a gender for discrimination
Why Do Clients Choose Cleveland Lehner Cassidy?
At Cleveland Lehner Cassidy, we strive to be a competitive option for our clients when they need a legal service provider. Clients may come to us because they’ve heard about results we’ve earned for past clients, but also because we’re dedicated to getting them started off on the right track.
New and potential clients benefit from:
- Free initial consultation
- Same-day appointment opportunities
- Consultations in-person or over the phone
- A convenient flat fee for additional consultations
- Opportunity to benefit from a payment plan
When you work with a gender discrimination attorney in Indianapolis from Cleveland Lehner Cassidy, you get someone who’s invested in the outcome of your case. What the result of your case could mean for you is important to us as your legal advocates. We’re experienced and passionate attorneys, and we want to help people who’ve been wronged hold responsible parties accountable.